1 November 2019
The LIDC’s will take on up to four masters students from the School of Geography per year, with applications open from students who are studying Global Development, Development and International Business and Development and Global Health.
LIDC offers different kind of internships, depending on the skillset of the candidates.
- Communications and Public Engagement internship: Interns will create and maintain an editorial calendar, draft social media content for use across LIDC’s social media accounts, build and update media lists, prepare weekly digital media reports, and assist with administrative duties.
- Management internship: An opportunity for interns to strengthen their project management and business planning skills. Candidates will gain insights into the strategic and operational management of the Centre with a special focus on business development. They will have the opportunity to explore and develop new product formats for LIDC (whether it be events, short courses or research projects) with the aim of creating new sources of income and enhancing LIDC’s reputation.
- Research internship: Interns will research grant opportunities from external funders, edit and draft original blog content on latest research trends, assist with event logistics and administrative duties.
- Design internship: Interns will create engaging visual content for use on LIDC’s website and social media channels including photos, infographics and more, as well as printed materials.
- Project-based internship: Interns will work on a specific project during their internship. These projects will be defined by LIDC in agreement with the student’s college. Their aim should be (among others) to either increase LIDC’s source of income, strengthen LIDC’s visibility and reputation or develop new strategic relationships and networks.
The internship will run for six weeks in total and interns will work for a minimum of eight hours per week (to be agreed on a flexible basis) .
There won’t be any payment for the internship, but students will receive a reference letter upon completion of the internship.
To learn more please contact Dr Will Monteith:email@example.com