30 November 2016
Time: 1:00 - 10:45pm
Venue: Mile End campus, London E1 4NS
All geographers, environmental scientists and geologists, current and former staff and students and alumni from across the years are invited to attend this special reunion event on our Mile End campus on Wednesday 30 November 2016.
Catch up with your friends and make new contacts, visit the
School of Geography and meet current and former academic staff, attend the David M Smith annual lecture and enjoy refreshments, including lunch and a celebratory dinner.
- 13.00 - 13.15 Arrival and Registration
- 13.15 - 14.15 Lunch & Networking
- 14.30 - 15.15 Welcome talks
- 15.15 - 16.15 Campus tours
- 16.15 - 17.15 Alumni talks (including Dr Rita Gardner CBE, Director of the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) and former Reader in Geography at QMUL)
- 17.15 - 18.15 Tea and free time
- 18.30 - 19.45
13th David M Smith Annual Lecture: ‘From territorial stigma to territorial justice: a critique of vested interest urbanism’ with Dr Tom Slater (Geography BA, 1998), Reader in Urban Geography, University of Edinburgh
- 19.45 - 20.15 Drinks reception
- 20.15 - 22.45 Dinner
- Full day (incl. all activities, lunch and dinner): @ £65pp
- Evening only (incl. lecture, drinks reception and dinner): @ £40pp
- Afternoon only (incl. lunch, campus tour, visit to School and lecture): @ £30pp
- Lecture only* (keynote lecture only): Free
*If you are attending the lecture only, please book your free ticket via this page. All other tickets should be booked via the Alumni Portal.
Book your place by Friday 18 November. Partners are welcome.
Could you send us photos to include in a slideshow/display and a short account of your time at Queen Mary (500 words max) that we can share with participants? If yes, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @QMULGeography and use hashtag #GeographyReunion in your tweets.