Mobility - the Social, Global and Policy Imperative
When: Monday, May 17, 2021, 4:45 PM - 6:00 PM
Where: Zoom webinar, online
For many of us, the pandemic has closed the doors to mobility, diminished our experience of the world, and shrunk our future prospects in the process.
How can the concept of mobility inform a discussion about the future we wish to create together? And what part can individual citizens, civic and educational institutions, and the private sector play in promoting opportunities for mobility – to enhance life chances, foster trust across cultures or drive innovation between disciplines or sectors of work – to move towards a world in which all members of society can achieve their full potential?
Join our expert panel, hosted by Professor Colin Bailey CBE, President and Principal of Queen Mary University of London, to hear a diverse range of perspectives on the value of mobility, and to consider the steps we can all take to promote a post-Covid recovery which opens up new avenues to mobility for all.
Confirmed contributors include:
• Professor Colin Bailey CBE, President and Principal, Queen Mary University of London
• Professor the Lord Patel of Bradford OBE
• Sarah Atkinson, Chief Executive Officer, The Social Mobility Foundation
• Priti Srivastava, Senior Vice President – Corporate Affairs, Reliance Industries
• Maddalaine Ansell, Director Education, British Council
• Isabel Allgeyer, Deputy Director, European Programmes, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
This expert-led roundtable discussion forms part of the Queen Mary Global Policy Institute's programme of major events.
Recent events from the Institute can be viewed in our news and events section.