Webinar Career Planning for PhDs
EURAXESS webinar Career Planning for PhDs scheduled for 30 October 2019. Register here to participate.
EURAXESS invite you to our second webinar which will be led by Bérénice Kimpe from the Association Bernard Gregory in France.
30 October 2019 from 11.00 am to 12.00 Warsaw time (GMT+1)
We invite Euraxess staff interested to set up a Career Development Centre, especially those who want to better understand the job market for PhDs and their role as potential career advisor.
As many different steps for setting up a Career Development Centre will be addressed in the series of webinars, this session is meant to give a general overview of what career planning means and involves, in terms of information and activities:
- What does “career planning” mean and what is its purpose?
- The international context of PhD employment: statistics, types of employers, examples of career development after a PhD
- The transition from academia to industry: understanding recruiters’ expectations; facilitating the transition
- The role of career advisors
At the end of the session, 2 Euraxess members will present their career services:
- Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Aristotle University in Thessaloniki, Greece (tbc)
During the webinar you will be able to ask questions via the chat.
How to join?
Please register for the webinar HERE. The link to participate in the webinar will be sent to the registered participants.