How to book a room
DERI Basement has a selection of meeting rooms, each one has a screen with wifi access and HDMI connector. Rooms 5,6 and 7 have their own standalone desktop connection. The basement also has a large kitchen and sofa-breakout area.
Rooms available to book in the basement floor of Empire House can be accessed through outlook, an invitation can be sent to the room to check availability. They are listed as [Room] Wht-Empire-PB.1,2,3,4,5,6.7
Floor Room no Capacity normal Capacity 1m+
Basement PB 1 2 1
Basement PB 2 2 1
Basement PB 3 2 1
Basement PB 4 4 2
Basement PB 5 5-6 2
Basement PB 6 5-6 2
Basement PB 7 10 5
Booking rooms through outlook calendar:
When you create your diary invitation, click on
- Invite Attendees – this will bring up the rooms tab next to the location line.
- Click on the Rooms tab to access a list of rooms that are available throughout the university.
- Scroll down the list and you will find the rooms at Empire House are labelled with the prefix Wht-Empire-PB
- Select the room you want – see capacity in the table above.
- When you select the room, it will be put in to the attendee line.
- Once your invitation has been sent, you will receive a notification in your in-box confirming booking.
- *Rooms P1.2, P2.2, P3.2 are used by the core teams on each floor.