- Already received your exam results and want to join Queen Mary?
Call us now on +44 (0)20 7882 5511
The office is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Alternatively, complete our online form.
- Interested in our Medicine MBBS in Malta?
Call us now on +44 (0)203 912 6577
Please note that we have no vacancies on MBBS courses in London.
- See what courses are available
Early Clearing closes at midday on 30 July. After this, you will need to call our main Clearing hotline, which opens on 16 August.
Call us as soon as possible after receiving your results to increase your chances of getting onto the course you want.
You may already have the results of:
- the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- A-levels taken in previous years
- the Access to Higher Education diploma
- European and overseas qualifications.
Step-by-step guide to early Clearing
Finding the right course
You’ll be spending at least three years studying for your degree, so it’s important to find a course that’s right for you. See the full detail of the courses we offer in our course finder.
If you haven’t previously considered Queen Mary, it’s worth doing some research on what we offer. We’re lucky to have a beautiful campus in London, and you can see it for yourself by attending a campus tour.
How to apply
Once you’ve identified the course that you’re interested in, call our Admissions team on +44 (0)20 7882 5511, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, or complete our online form.
You’ll need the following information when you call:
- your name, UCAS personal ID and Clearing number (if you have one)
- the name of the course you wish to be considered for
- details of your qualifications, including qualification type, subjects and grades. This includes any English Language qualifications
- your UCAS history – have you applied to Queen Mary before? Have you received offers from other universities that you are currently still holding?
- your fee status – whether you are a home, EU or overseas student
- contact details, including a current telephone number and email address.
What happens next?
Once we've taken all your information, there will be one of three outcomes:
We offer you a place on your chosen course straight away
If we’re able to offer you a place straight away, we’ll confirm the offer over the phone. You’ll then receive an email telling you what to do next.
We pass your details on to a specialist Admissions Manager
In some cases, a specialist Admissions Manager may need to assess your application. If this happens, we’ll aim to contact you within 24 hours with a final decision.
- If we’re able to offer you a place, we’ll confirm this in writing in an email. The email will tell you what to do next.
- If we’re unable to offer you a place, we’ll send you an email explaining why.
We cannot offer you a place on the course
The course may be full or your qualifications may fall below the minimum entry requirements.
We’ll tell you there and then over the phone so you’ll be free to consider other courses at Queen Mary or approach other universities offering similar courses.
Confirming your place
To accept any offer from us, you must make this course your Clearing choice on UCAS Track within the deadline contained in your email. If you miss the deadline, your offer will expire and your place may be offered to another applicant.
Only follow these steps if you are sure you want to accept the offer.
- Go to the ‘Your choices’ section of UCAS Track and click 'Add Clearing choice’, then enter the details of the course.
- The email confirming your offer will contain the course code.
- Our UCAS Institutional code is Q50.
- Our Admissions team then need to verify the information you told us over the phone. This usually takes 1-2 working days, so please be patient.
- Once we have verified your details, your offer will show as accepted on UCAS Track and you will receive a confirmation email.