Dr Marco Bodellini
Associate Lecturer in Banking and Financial Law
Email: email@example.comRoom Number: Lincoln’s Inn Fields
Dr Marco Bodellini is an Associate Lecturer in Banking and Financial Law at Queen Mary University of London – Centre for Commercial Law Studies, where he is the module convener of Investment Banking Law and Securities Regulation. He is also an adjunct professor at University of Bologna where he teaches Company Law. In the past, he was a visiting foreign scholar at Fordham University in New York and a research fellow at University of Bologna. He delivered guest lectures at New York University (London Campus), Fordham University in New York, University of Bologna and Link University in Rome. He earned a PhD in Business Law from LUISS University in Rome in 2013, defending a doctoral thesis on the critical issues of cooperative banks’ corporate governance arrangements. He has published a number of books and articles in US, UK and European peer reviewed journals in the areas of bank crisis and restructuring, corporate governance of banking and financial institutions and investment fund regulation.
He is an editorial board member of Business Law Review (Wolters Kluwer International), Financial Regulation International (Informa Law) and Studi e Dialoghi Giuridici – Critical Studies in Private Law (Eurilink University Press). He is also a referee for European Business Organization Law Review (Springer). He is regularly invited to speak at international conferences on matters related to banking and financial regulation.
Dr Marco Bodellini is a qualified lawyer admitted to the Italian Bar Association.
- Bank crisis and restructuring
- Corporate governance of banks and financial institutions
- Financial stability and systemic risk
- International collective investment scheme regulation
- Marco Bodellini, The long ‘journey’ of banks from Basel I to Basel IV: has the banking system become more sound and resilient than it used to be?, in ERA Forum, 2019, 20, pp. 1 – 19 (article)
- Rosa Lastra - Costanza Russo - Marco Bodellini, Stock Take of the SRB’s activities over the past years: What to Improve and Focus On?, European Parliament, 29 March 2019, pp. 1 – 40, (policy paper)
- Rosa Lastra - Marco Bodellini, Soft law and Sovereign debt, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, 7 November 2018, pp. 1 – 29, (policy paper).
- Marco Bodellini, Corporate Governance of Banks and Financial Stability: Critical Issues and Challenges Ahead, in Business Law Review, 2018, 39, pp. 160-165, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, To bail-in, or to bail-out, that is the question, in European Business Organization Law Review, 2018, 19, pp. 365-392, (article).
- Marco Bodellini – Rodrigo Olivares-Caminal, Bank restructuring ten years after the global financial crisis of 2007-2009: where are we?, in Il Nuovo Diritto delle Società, 2018, 4, pp. 735-739, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, Theoretical reflections on the application of the bail-in tool to Chinese banks in crisis, in Business Law Review, 2018, 39, pp. 9 – 11, (article).
- Marco Bodellini – Rodrigo Olivares-Caminal, The U.K. regulation on alternative investment fund managers: a difficult compromise between two different legislative approaches, in Journal of Banking Regulation, 2018, 19, pp. 73 – 85, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, Attività bancaria e impresa cooperativa, Cacucci Editore, Strumenti e Modelli di Diritto dell’Economia, 2017, pp. 1 - 265 (book).
- Marco Bodellini, Greek and Italian ‘Lessons’ on Bank Restructuring: Is Precautionary Recapitalisation the Way Forward?, in Cambridge Yearbook of European Legal Studies, 2017, 19, pp. 144 - 164, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, The US (Un)Regulation of Hedge Funds, in Rivista Trimestrale di Diritto dell’Economia, 2017, 2, pp. 251 – 283 (article).
- Marco Bodellini – Rodrigo Olivares-Caminal, The impact of Brexit on the UK alternative investment fund industry, in Law and Economics Yearly Review, 2017, 1, pp. 79 - 103 (article).
- Marco Bodellini, Localismo e mutualità nel nuovo gruppo bancario cooperativo, in Rivista di diritto bancario, 2017, 11, pp. 1 – 15, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, Il bail-in alla prova dei fatti: tutto cambia perché nulla cambi, in Federalismi.it, 2017, 23, pp. 1 – 19, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, From Systemic Risk to Financial Scandals: the Shortcomings of US Regulation on Hedge Funds, in Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law, 2017, 1, pp. 417 – 467 (article).
- Marco Bodellini, The E.U. regulation on marketing of alternative investment funds: another step towards integration of the E.U. financial market, in Business Law Review, 2016, 6, pp. 208 – 219, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, The marketing of hedge funds in the U.K.: did the system maintain its attractiveness after the transposition of the AIFMD?, in Business Law Review, 2016, 5, pp. 162 – 172, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, Does it still make sense, from the E.U. perspective, to distinguish between UCITS and non-UCITS schemes?, in Oxford Capital Markets Law Journal, 2016, 4, pp. 528 – 539, (article).
- Marco Bodellini, The (un)regulation of hedge funds, in Financial Regulation International, 2016, 5, pp. 6 – 9, (article).