Patrick Cahill is a Visiting Fellow at The Centre for Commercial Law Studies and Associate Legal Counsel at Onfido. He was previously Director of qLegal, in which postgraduate students provide advice on intellectual property and commercial law through workshops, toolkits and one-to-one advice sessions, to tech start-ups and entrepreneurs in East London’s tech-hub.
- Models of legal advice delivery to start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- The relationship between law and emerging technologies.
Examples of research funding:
- FP7-ICT and Higher Education Innovation Funding (HEIF5)- Research into models of legal advice delivery to start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- University Entrepreneurship Clinics in the UK and Europe’, forthcoming , IJCLE
- Walden I., Cummins J. and Cahill P. ‘Knowledge Transfer in Commercial Law, TJJI, Vol 7. No 1: pp 163-176
- Patrick is Associate Legal Counsel at Onfido
- Patrick also supports early stage start-ups and entrepreneurs through numerous Queen Mary Careers Department initiatives.
- ‘Intellectual Property & University Commercialisation’ Software Sustainability Workshop, Oxford e-Research Centre, University of Oxford, 11 December 2014
- ‘Increase in university entrepreneurship clinics in Europe, and the iLINC Network’International Journal of Clinical Legal Education, Prague, 25 July 2014
- Law Society's International Marketplace Panellist ‘Think tech: innovative solutions to traditional problems’ UK, 8 July 2014
- ‘Approches to clinical legal education’ From Bleak House to Geek House, Brooklyn University, New York, 4 April 2014
- ‘qLegal and business clinics’ UK Clinical Legal Education Conference, University of Portsmouth 15-16 November 2013
- qLegal 2017 Roundup
21 December 2017
- qLegal featured in an article by Lexoo on legal tech sector in the United Kingdom
21 October 2016
- qLegal's Patrick Cahill to present at 2015 Centre for Transnational Legal Studies Conference, King's College London
16 June 2015
- qLegal's Patrick Cahill to speak at 2015 International Journal of Clinical Legal Education Conference
22 April 2015
- QMUL leads Europe-wide network of free legal advice services for start-ups
21 April 2015
- qLegal awarded £90,000 to expand free legal advice programme for entrepreneurs
15 September 2014
- qLegal's Patrick Cahill on 'Universities, Entrepreneurship and Law'
29 August 2014
- qLegal's Patrick Cahill to speak at International Journal of Clinical Legal Education Conference
11 July 2014
- Patrick Cahill speaks at Law Society International Marketplace Conference
10 July 2014
- Lawyers lured to boom in Tech City - qLegal in The Times
26 June 2014