The Annual Clifford Chance Energy Law Lecture Series
The Rt Hon Lord Lamont of Lerwick delivering the 3rd Annual Lecture, 2 February 2017
This is now one the of key dates in the Energy Law Calendar for energy law academics, practitioners and policy-makers in the UK and internationally.
In 2015, we welcomed Lord Browne of Madingley, former CEO of British Petroleum (BP), for the inaugural 2015 Annual Clifford Chance lecture. He spoke about the energy sector and its relationship with society, while touching on his role to help encourage greater transparency in developing countries and tackle climate change.
The 2016 Annual Clifford Chance Lecture was delivered by Sir David King, then the UK Government Foreign Secretary's Special Representative for Climate Change. He spoke about future sustainable options to tackle climate change.
The 2017 lecture was given by Lord Lamont, who explored the implications of Iran’s re-entry into the international fold in the wake of the nuclear agreement.
Please contact us if you would like further details or to be added to the Annual lecture invitation list.
Events held by ELI
- 26 March 2019 - Introduction to Project Finance (Including a Solar Case Study)
- 22 February 2019 - Friday Lecture Series - Charlie Kronick, Greenpiece
- 25 January 2019 - Friday Lecture Series - Stephen Tromans QC
- 19 April 2018 – New Voices in Energy Forum
- 23 March - Norton Rose Fulbright Energy Social
- 16 March 2018 – Friday Lecture Series – Keith Vincent
- 8 March 2018 - The Energy Charter Treaty - An Inside Perspective
- 18 January 2018 – Guest Lecture – Dr Valérie Marcel
- 20 December 2017 – Energy Graduation Drinks
- 23 November 2017 – Friday Lecture Series – Ece Gursoy
- 7 November 2017 – Field trip to Fawley Refinery
- 3 November 2017 – Friday Lecture Series – The Hon Mr Justice Fraser
- 20 – 27 October – Energy Fundamentals Course [PDF 353KB]
- 28 September 2017 – Energy Forum - Brexit and its Impact on the Energy Sector
- 12-13 July 2017 - Global Shipping Law Forum - Shipping and Energy: The Role of the Law, hosted by Ince & Co
- 14 June 2017 - Energy Forum - Current Trends in International Energy Arbitration
- 5-7 June - Student Field Trip - Torness Nuclear Power Station and Guardbridge Biomass Plant
- June 2017 – Energy Law Summer School
- 28 April 2017 - BP Roundtable
- 12 April 2017 - New Voices in Energy Forum - Brexit and Energy - “A time to keep and a time to cast away”
- 31 March 2017 - Norton Rose Fulbright Energy Social
- 24 March 2017 - Michelle Davies, Global Head of Eversheds Clean Energy and Sustainability Group
- 10 March 2017 - David Manley, Senior Economic Analyst, Natural Resource Governance Institute
- 9 March 2017 - Upendra Tripathy, Former Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy of India
- 2 February 2017 - Third Annual Clifford Chance Lecture
- January 2017 – Legal Issues in Project Finance, ESRC funded event with University of Warwick
- 25 November 2016 - Donny Ching, General Counsel of Royal Dutch Shell
- November 2016 - Energy Fundamentals Course
- 21 October 2016 - Rupert Steele OBE, Regulation Director, ScottishPower
- 18 October 2016 - Andrew Wright, Senior Partner, Ofgem
- 11 October 2016 - Edward Flippen, Counsel, McGuire Woods LLP
- 15 September 2016 - Energy Forum – The Material Adverse Change in Energy Contracts - "Friend or Foe"?
- 13 September 2016 - QMUL LLM in Paris Opening Lecture by Andrew Clarke, General Counsel, ExxonMobil International Ltd on Law and the Energy Industry
- 18 March 2016 - Roundtable on Upstream Due Diligence and Human Rights
- 29 January 2016 - Norton Rose Fulbright Energy Social
- 13 January 2016 - Annual Lecture of the Energy and Natural Resource Law Institute – Sir David King