13 November 2018
Time: 8:45am - 3:50pm
Venue: One Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London, SW1H 9JJ
On 13 November 2018, the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the School of International Arbitration (SIA) of Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) and the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) are organising a full-day conference to discuss the proposed revision of ICSID Arbitration Rules.
The conference will gather in London representatives of ICSID, leading academics, and practitioners.
- Gabriel Bottini, Uria Menendez and University of Buenos Aires
- Professor Zachary Douglas QC, Matrix Chambers and Geneva
- Norah Gallagher, Queen Mary University of London
- Professor Kaj Hober, Uppsala University
- Dr Sabine Konrad, McDermott Will & Emery
- Professor Yarik Kryvoi, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Professor Julian D M Lew QC, Queen Mary University of London; 20 Essex Street
- Melanie van Leeuwen, Derains and Gharavi
- Professor Spyros Maniatis, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Wendy Miles QC, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Professor Loukas Mistelis, School of International Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London
- Sylvia Noury, Freshfields, Bruckhaus Deringer
- Constantine Partasides QC, Three Crowns
- Martina Polasek, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Professor Luca Radicati di Brozolo, ArbLit and Università Cattolica di Milano
- Professor August Reinisch, Vienna University
- Dr Laurence Shore, BonelliErede
- Jeremy Sharpe, Shearman & Sterling
- Jeff Sullivan, Gibson Dunn
Convened by Professor Yarik Kryvoi, Senior Research Fellow in International Economic Law and Director of the Investment Treaty Forum and Professor Loukas Mistelis, Director, School of International Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London.
Download the Programme
Join in the conversation @BIICL #ICSIDRules2018.
How to book
BIICL members, ITF members and QMUL alumni:
- Individual: £205
- Concession: £150
ITF members and QMUL alumni should contact the Events team to make a booking at the member rate.
- Individual: £295
- Concession: £205
Concession fees are applicable to full-time academics, students, staff of government and NGO's.
Additional Booking Information
There are a limited number of places at the conference for representatives of governments at a special fee of £150. To apply for a place at the special rate please contact the Events team.
For additional information, visit the BIICL webpage.