CCLS 40th Anniversary
2020 marked the 40th Anniversary of the founding of the Centre for Commercial Law Studies by Professor Sir Roy Goode CBE QC. The Centre was founded with the aim of providing a forum for collaboration between academia and industry so as to further knowledge and innvoation and spearhead developments and best practice in the field of commercial law.
Dr Ian Walden, Director of CCLS and Professor of Information and Communications Law, tells us about CCLS's role in shaping the future of commercial law.
The CCLS research institutes specialise in specific fields of commercial law. In celebration of the 40th Anniversary, alumni and friends of CCLS were invited to attend a series of online lectures. In case you were unable to attend the webinars, they are now available to view online, via the 40th Anniversary Microsite:
- School of International Arbitration Roundtable Discussion
- Institute of Banking and Finance Law Lecture and Q&A
- Queen Mary Intellectual Property Law Institute (QMIPRI) Lecture and Q&A
- Insurance, Shipping and Aviation Law Panel Discussion
- Institute of Transnational Commercial Law Roundtable
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Institute
- Institute of Global Law, Economics and Finance (IGLEF) Lecture