Our Micro-Internship programme connects employers with a Queen Mary University of London intern, who will commit 40 hours of their time to a designated project.
What are Micro Internships?
The Micro-Internship programme connects participating employers with their own Queen Mary University of London intern, who will work on a designated project for a total of 40 hours. Project themes are set by the employer and relate to real business needs, enabling genuine benefit and insight to be gained by the organisation, while boosting the intern’s employability.
Micro-Internships are completed on a part-time basis over a five week period. This programme is currently open to students from Queen Mary's School of Mathematical Sciences and School of Economics and Finance.
What are the benefits?
- Gain real insight and input by hiring a competitively selected intern with relevant skills
- Help the next generation of your industry to secure valuable work experience
- Use the opportunity to trial a potential future employee
- Promote your business, its culture and its brand
- Limited time commitment for hiring managers, thanks to training and support provided by Queen Mary Careers and Enterprise staff
- All participating students have access to comprehensive training and support package from the university
- No financial cost
What projects might students get involved with?
Micro-Internship projects are designed by the employer, ensuring they are of real benefit to the organisation. Projects can be stand-alone proposals that can be completed in 40 hours, or they can fit into an existing, larger piece of work.
Previous Micro-Internship projects have focussed on themes such as:
- Data collection, analysis and presentation
- Financial analysis
- Charity impact analysis and report writing
- New business development/relationship building
- Marketing analysis and creation
- Social media strategy
- Competitor analysis and data presentation
- Educational writing
Timeline and key dates
|11th January 2021||Deadline for host Micro-Internship proposals|
|15th February 2021||Deadline for employers to select candidates|
|1st March 2021||
|2nd April 2021||
Get in touch
Get in touch to find out more - firstname.lastname@example.org
To register your organisation on our system and to submit your micro internship project please visit our Target Connect page.
For further guidance on the registration process, take a look at our guide.