Our Micro-Internship programme connects employers with a Queen Mary University of London intern, who will commit 40 hours of their time to a designated project.
What are Micro Internships?
The Micro Internship programme connects participating employers with their own Queen Mary University of London intern, who will work on a designated project for a total of 40 hours. Project themes are set by the employer and relate to real business needs, enabling genuine benefit and insight to be gained by the organisation, while boosting the intern’s employability.
Micro Internships are completed on a part-time basis over a five week period. This programme is currently open to students from Queen Mary's School of Mathematical Sciences and School of Economics and Finance and runs twice a year in both spring and summer.
What are the benefits?
- Gain real insight and input by hiring a competitively selected intern with relevant skills
- Help the next generation of your industry to secure valuable work experience
- Use the opportunity to trial a potential future employee
- Promote your business, its culture and its brand
- Limited time commitment for hiring managers, thanks to training and support provided by Queen Mary Careers and Enterprise staff
- All participating students have access to comprehensive training and support package from the university
- No financial cost
What projects might students get involved with?
Micro Internship projects are designed by the employer, ensuring they are of real benefit to the organisation. Projects can be stand-alone proposals that can be completed in 40 hours, or they can fit into an existing, larger piece of work.
Previous Micro Internship projects have focussed on themes such as:
- Data collection, analysis and presentation
- Financial analysis
- Charity impact analysis and report writing
- New business development/relationship building
- Marketing analysis and creation
- Social media strategy
- Competitor analysis and data presentation
- Educational writing
Timeline and key dates
|Event||Date (Spring Round)||Date (Summer Round)|
|Programme opens for Micro Internship proposals||1st December 2020||1st March 2021|
|Deadline for hosts to submit Micro Internship proposals||11th January 2021||20th April 2021|
|Closing date for student applications||
First week of February 2021
31st May 2021
|Placements take place||
Throughout March 2021
Throughout July 2021
|Programme closes for students||
Get in touch
The summer round of our Micro Internships programme will be opening for employer proposals on 1st March 2021.
To register your organisation on our system and to submit your micro internship project online please visit our Target Connect page. When submitting your project, please ensure it is added as a ‘Placement’ and not an ‘Opportunity’. For further guidance on the registration process, take a look at our Guide to Submitting a Micro-Internship Programme Proposal [PDF 11,022KB].
Please view our Terms and Conditions.
Get in touch to find out more - email@example.com