QMSU Community Sport
Increase your employability through the Leadership Programme. Voluntary and paid opportunities available.
Through the programme, students will increase their employability through our free training and CPD opportunities and can benefit from receiving a host of rewards including fully-funded qualifications in return for their involvement in the community. Students can engage as coaches, officials and mentors through our Leadership Academy or as a casual volunteer in student-led group projects.
We have now launched a Social Cohesion Sport Programme which will provide student groups with the platform to use sport as a vehicle to raise awareness of issues in the local community.
Why should I become a Community Sport Leader?
Although there are no minimum obligations to volunteering hours, there are fantastic rewards in place for the most active volunteers including:
- Making a difference in the local community
- Free clothing including t-shirt and hoodie
- Up to 100% funding for coaching and refereeing qualifications
- Free training, development and CPD opportunities
- Employment reference from QMSU Community Sport Coordinator
- Certificates and formal letters of attainment
- Access to paid employment opportunities both in the UK and abroad
- Many more!
Time commitment is flexible and dependent on the opportunities that students decide to take on. Students log their hours across the duration of their degrees to claim rewards and as a result are welcome to volunteer as much as they can fit around their studies.
How to get involved
To find out more information about the Community Sport programme and to register your interest, please sign-up on the Community Sport website.. If you have any other queries regarding the programme, please contact: email@example.com