Through these one-to-one relationships with a member of the alumni community, or UK-based professional, students are supported to make better informed career choices, develop their employability skills, and gain confidence with applying for graduate job roles.
How will QMentoring help you progress your career journey?
QMentoring will pair you with a mentor with whom you can explore your career ideas, or if you are looking to acquire experience can help you gain a deeper understanding of a particular career or industry.
What are the benefits?
QMentoring can help you to:
- Gain insight into an industry or profession;
- Explore potential career paths;
- Build your professional network;
- Learn how to write persuasive job applications, CVs and/or covering letters;
- Improve your interview technique;
- Find and apply for work experience opportunities.
What is expected of you?
As a mentee, you will be required to:
- Attend an online induction session;
- Be committed to attending a minimum of 6 meetings with your mentor (either remotely, or in person);
- Maintain a proactive approach to the mentoring relationship and ensure you are regularly communicating with your mentor;
- Provide updates to the QMentoring team (when requested) and inform them if there are any issues with the partnership;
- Complete a pre-mentoring survey and end of scheme evaluation;
- Adhere to the QMentoring Agreement all at times.
Meet the mentees: Okikiade 'Okiki' Oloyede
Who is eligible for a place?
QMentoring is a programme for undergraduate students who study within the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry, and Science and Engineering. Due to funder objectives (1), students from these three Faculties, who are in receipt of the Queen Mary Bursary, will be prioritised for this programme. Students from any year can apply for a place, as long as they are an undergraduate.
How to apply:
Both rounds of QMentoring are now up and running for this academic year. Please check back here for updates in September 2021, when the next application process is due to open.
How can I learn more?
If you have any questions about QMentoring, please do not hesitate to contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7882 3690.