QMSU Community Foundation
Increase your employability through this sport leadership and workforce development programme.
How will this help you progress your career journey?
If you are looking to acquire experience, getting involved will allow you to develop important skills and experiences for future applications. You might also find this opportunity useful if you are exploring your career options, as the experience will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about your own strengths and passions.
What is it?
The Community Foundation is a sport leadership and workforce development programme run by the Students' Union. Since 2013, we have provided a platform for students to make a positive difference in the local community of Tower Hamlets. As well as supporting the local community, we enhance the student experience by enhancing employability.
What does it involve?
Students can engage with the programme in various ways by facilitating physical activity with local schools and sport clubs as coaches, mentors, or officials. Student groups can deliver their own projects that raise awareness of identified issues in the community and individuals can support our Sports Camp during school holidays.
What are the benefits?
All students can benefit through our Leadership Academy with rewards such as certificates, clothing, and funded sport qualifications.
In addition to developing transferable skills and increasing employability, there are many ways that leaders can benefit from the programme:
- Free clothing including t-shirt and hoodie
- Up to 100% funding for sport qualifications
- Access to training, development and CPD opportunities
- Employment reference from QMSU Sport Staff
- Certificates and statement of engagement signed by QMSU Sport Staff
- Access to paid employment opportunities
How do people get involved?
- Become a Leader through our website
- Complete an online induction
- Leaders will be supported to start facilitating sport and physical activity opportunities
- Outreach hours are logged through the website
- Rewards are then claimed in return for outreach