Make the most of your appointment
- Arrive on time to maximise the full 20 minutes.
- Decide on one or two specific things that you want to talk about.
- Think about what you want to reasonably achieve in the session.
- Check out our for help getting started.
- Your Careers Consultant will ask what you want from your session and find out what stage you are at.
- Together you’ll agree a focus and your next step.
- We will work in partnership with you to move you forward in whatever way is best for you. This might be one of the following:
- Gaining an understanding of the graduate job market
- Assessing your skills, career values and experiences
- Learning how to present yourself confidently to employers in person or on your CV
- Getting advice on how to handle employers’ selection processes
- Identifying different job hunting methods and career resources
- Talking through decisions around jobs or postgraduate study
- Deciding on the most appropriate next step towards your plan
- Take your agreed actions and use our for further support, or browse information in the Careers and Enterprise Centre.
- Visit us or call 020 7882 8533 to book a follow up appointment if necessary.