QResearcher Enterprise is a programme specifically for PhDs students to provide them with entrepreneurial skills and mindset that will support their career development.
Are you a PhD student looking to apply your technical skills and creative ideas to real-world issues?
Are you interested in:
- recognising and articulating skills, developed during your PhD, that will support your career in a range of sectors, both academic and commercial
- developing and pitching your business idea to prospective funders
If the answer is yes, then QResearcher Enterprise is the perfect programme to help you unleash your full entrepreneurial potential.
What will you gain?
By participating in QResearcher Enterprise you will:
- Develop key enterprise skills & experience that will support your career inside/outside academia
- Gain PhD Skill Points (up to 43.5 points)
- Gain experience of technology commercialisation
- Gain insight into University Technology Transfer
- Develop your business idea through a structured enterprise programme
About the programme
The Enterprise team and Queen Mary Innovation (QMI) developed a tailored four-stage Enterprise Training Programme for Researchers based on the current Enterprise offering but with additional technology-focused elements provided by QMI and organised around a sequential Entrepreneurial Journey.
- Stage 1 – Training in Ideation & Researching a Business Idea
- Stage 2 - Developing a Business Concept
- Stage 3 - Developing the Business Opportunity
- Stage 4 - Follow-on Activities & Funding
Although the programme is sequential, PhDs students can enter and leave at each stage having gained valuable skills and experience. However, those that attend one stage have a better chance of being successful at the following stage.
Each stage will be eligible for QMUL Researcher Skills Points (10 PhD Skills Points/stage) with the full programme contributing 40 points or approx.
A QMUL/QMI Enterprise Award Certificate will be awarded to the participants who complete the full programme.