QHack is a high-energy, fun, intensive bootcamp, which gives you opportunities to learn how to get businesses off the ground, meet entrepreneurial students, network with mentors and experts and, quite possibly by the end of it launch your own business!
What will you gain?
- By participating in QHack, you will learn and consolidate a whole range of skills, from idea generation and selection to getting out of the building and talking to customers; from developing a sound pitch deck to giving a brilliant pitch and working with a team.
- You will be also working with mentors to help you refine your idea. These are all people from the industry - what a great chance to network too!
- If you are looking for a co-founder for your business, this is the perfect environment to potentially meet that special someone that has the grit and enthusiasm to take an entrepreneurial venture to the next level.
QHack is eligible to be listed on your Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR), meaning you can leave QMUL with a more enhanced HEAR. The HEAR shows employers an overview of everything you have gained from your time at Queen Mary – a breakdown of modules and marks, and a way to have all your extracurricular activity officially authorised.
I learnt a lot regarding starting up a business during QHack. I picked up and improved on skills that are vital for successfully building a business.— Muhammadtaki Hooda, School of Engineering and Materials Science
Day 1: Create and Connect
You meet your new co-founders, generate ideas, form teams, and start work on your business model.
Day 2: Develop your business idea
You get to work on your business idea as a team and focus on the market and customers.
Day 3: Refine, Pitch work and Mentoring
You come back and discuss your customers' findings. You get trained on creating a pitch deck and pitching. Besides, you will network and get some feedback from our mentors.
Day 4: Pitch
You pitch in front of a panel of expert judges, win prizes and celebrate your achievements!
This Spring we will deliver QHack fully online. You will need access to a computer and internet connection in order to participate.
This course is for QMUL students and graduates who are new to entrepreneurship and would like to set up their own company or social enterprise.
- You don't have an idea (and it is ok). You will be working in teams on someone else's idea but you will still learn about the principles of validating and pitching a business idea.
- Or you have an idea but not sure where to start. Perfect opportunity to get feedback and different perspectives on your business idea.
But the main objective is you want to develop your innovative mindset and entrepreneurial skills.
Saturday 6th March 9:30 - 18:00 / Sunday 7th March 9:30 - 13:30
Saturday 13th March 9:30 - 19:00 / Sunday 14th March 9:30 - 20:00
Deadline to apply: 21st February