Got a great business idea? Want to test and take it further?
Want to receive some coaching and mentoring on how to present your ideas to investors?
GradVenture is the ideal competition for early-stage start-ups.
This Dragon's Den type competition is open to students and recent graduates from eight University of London member institutions. Refine your business plan, practice pitching and win some funding to take those crucial next steps.
The theme for 2021 is Building Community and Supporting Wellbeing.
The winner will take home £4,000 and the runner-up £1,000
How to apply
- Complete our application form (this includes your Social business model canvas [DOC 67KB] completed)
- Please submit the application form no later than Sunday 11th April, 23:59pm. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application check: We strongly advise you to get your application checked by the Enterprise team before submitting it. Please note, appointments get very busy and booked up a couple of weeks leading up to the closing deadline so you are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment.
- At least one of the founders of the business must be a current student of one of the following institutions of the University of London/The Careers Group: City, Goldsmiths, King's College, Queen Mary, SOAS, St Mary's Twickenham, St George's, UCL.
- If not a current student, then you must have graduated after 1st September 2019.
- The business idea is clearly formulated but you are in the early stages of setting up the business (pre-trading or already trading but not yet applied for a second or external round of funding).
- Your business fits within the theme of Building Community and/or Supporting Wellbeing.
- You can see the pitches of last year’s finalists, as well as highlights of the virtual event on this YouTube playlist.
- Applications will be evaluated according to the following Selection Criteria GradVenture [DOC 79KB].
- Semi-finals to take place (virtually) in June.
- Final (on Zoom) in early July.
Any questions, please do get in touch with the Enterprise Team at email@example.com