QM CV Builder
QM CV Builder is an online tool you can use anytime, anywhere, to get instant feedback on your CV. You can also use QM CV Builder to create your CV from scratch, with a choice of 16 templates depending on your career interests.
How can QM CV Builder help me?
QM CV Builder will:
- Provide you with a number of templates to help you create your CV from scratch
- Help you identify and fix errors in spelling and grammar
- Make suggestions to improve your formatting and structure
- Highlight where your CV might not pass Applicant Tracking Systems (this is when your CV is first scanned by a machine rather than a person)
A high score on QM CV Builder is not a guarantee of a job interview, so make sure you take advantage of all the other CV support we offer through Careers and Enterprise.
What is an Applicant Tracking System?
A number of employers, especially larger employers, use a machine called an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to analyse your CV before a person sees it. QM CV Builder will score you against more than 50 checks that an ATS uses and then gives you detailed feedback and ideas for how to improve. This will help you to write a CV that maximises your chances of getting to interview, whether it's looked at by an ATS or a person.
- Step One: Use QM CV Builder to either build your CV from scratch, or get instant feedback on a CV you already have. You can submit your CV on QM CV Builder as many times as you like, to get it into the best possible shape.
- Step Two: You always need to tailor your CV for the particular job you are applying to. After using the platform, if you would like help with how to tailor your CV to a particular job opportunity then book an appointment with Careers and Enterprise. Visit our appointments page for information on how to book.
If you have any questions about QM CV Builder, please get in touch with us.