"Network science, big data analytics, and deep learning: An interdisciplinary approach to the study of citation, social and collaboration networks"
My research is broadly concerned with science of science and combines theories and methods from network science, sociology, machine learning and data science. The general goal of my work is to better understand the structure, functioning and consequences of complex large-scale networks across a number of empirical domains including citation networks, social networks and collaboration networks. My research has been published in peer-reviewed journals (e.g., Scientometrics) and peer-reviewed conference proceedings (e.g., International School and Conference on Network Science (NetSci) and International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2)).
1st Supervisor: Dr. Pietro Panzarasa
2nd Supervisor: Professor Pedro Martins
I am a PhD student of computational social science at the School of Business and Management (SBM) at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). At SBM, I am a member of Centre for Globalisation Research (CGR). Prior to joining QMUL, I received my MSc in computer science from Beihang University (China) in 2017, my ‘diplˆome d’ing´enieur’ from ´Ecole Centrale de Nantes (France) in 2017, and my BSc in information and computing science from Beihang University (China) in 2014. My personal academic
website is http://yifanqian.com/.
- Yifan Qian, Paul Expert, Pietro Panzarasa, Mauricio Barahona. Geometric graphs from data to aid classification tasks with graph convolutional networks. arXiv preprint (2020) arXiv:2005.04081.
- Yifan Qian, Paul Expert, Tom Rieu, Pietro Panzarasa, Mauricio Barahona. Quantifying the alignment of graph and features in deep learning. arXiv preprint (2019) arXiv:1905.12921.
- Yifan Qian, Wenge Rong, Nan Jiang, Jie Tang, and Zhang Xiong. Citation regression analysis of computer science publications in different ranking categories and subfields. Scientometrics 110, no. 3 (2017): 1351-1374.
Peer-reviewed conference proceedings
- Yifan Qian, Paul Expert, Pietro Panzarasa, and Mauricio Barahona. Constructing geometric graphs from features to aid classification tasks. NetSci (2020); IC2S2 (2020).
- Yifan Qian, Luca Verginer, Xiancheng Li, Massimo Riccaboni and Pietro Panzarasa. Measuring the social diversity of cities in mobility and scientific collaboration networks. NetSci (2020); IC2S2 (2020); IC2S2 (2019).
- Yifan Qian and Pietro Panzarasa. Intra- and inter-brokerage in social networks. IC2S2 (2019).
- Yifan Qian, Paul Expert, Pietro Panzarasa, and Mauricio Barahona. Quantifying the alignment of graph and features in deep learning. IC2S2 (2019); Data Natives (2019); UK Network Science workshop (2018); IC2S2 (2018); NetSci (2018); NetSci Satellite on Machine Learning in Network Science (2018).