Financial reporting framework in a developing world.
Aigerim’s doctoral research examines the principles of adopting international accounting standards. Her research seeks to contribute to the growing body of international accounting research by examining the case of a developing economy from an institutional perspective.
1st Supervisor: Dr Suki Sian
2nd Supervisor: Professor Sean McCartney
Aigerim holds MSc in Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management from King’s College London. She has been recognised in a Forbes “30 under 30” ranking in 2020. She is an expert of the Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts of UNCTAD (Geneva, Switzerland) on international financial reporting. She is a member of the Accounting and Accountability Research Group (AARG) of SBM QMUL.
Selected technical workshops and conferences
- Assurance on Sustainability Reports: Current Practices and Challenges, 2020, UNCTAD, Geneva, Switzerland
- The World Standard-Setters Conference, 2019, IFRS Foundation, London, UK
- The Climate Risk Related Disclosure, Technical Workshop, 2019, UNCTAD, Geneva, Switzerland
- The 3rd Kazakh-British Business Council and Kazakhstan Global Investment Forum, 2019, London, UK
- 6th UK-Kazakhstan Intergovernmental Commission Meeting Conference, 2019, London, UK
- World Investment Forum, 2018, UN, Geneva, Switzerland
- The 3rd European Colloquium on Qualitative Research Methods in Business and Accounting, 2018, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
- Digital currencies and blockchain: implications for accounting, 2018, UNCTAD, Geneva, Switzerland
- World Standards-setters Conference, 2018, IFRS Foundation, London
- International Forum of Accounting Standard Setters Meeting, 2017, London
Conference presentations and publications
- “Financial reporting framework in a developing world” (2017), paper presented to the III Research Forum for Central Asia, University of Cambridge.
- “Financial reporting framework in a developing world” (2017), paper presented to the PhD symposium of School of Business and Management at Queen Mary University of London, 22 September.
- 11th Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES) Conference, “On the Issues of Reforming Pension System in Emerging Economies: Case on the Republic of Kazakhstan”. Available at SSRN.
- Proceedings of the International Conference “The scientific debate: Issues of Economics and Management”, 2013, Moscow, Russian Federation.
- “The pension system of the Republic of Kazakhstan” in the Herald of the Kazakh-British Technical University, 2013, Almaty, Kazakhstan.