Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRoom Number: Room number: 4.02, Bancroft Building
Student drop-in and feedback hours
1-3pm on Thursdays (please email for an appointment)
Personal Tutor for a group of year two students.
David is a chartered management accountant, and has several years of hands-on accounting and finance experience in senior positions across several industries, including working as a Finance Manager at the Royal Academy of Dance. He holds an MBA in Finance, and an MRes focusing on corporate governance and accountability from King’s College London. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA, UK), (ACMA, CGMA) and of the Chartered Management Institute, UK (MCIM), and he is also a researcher at Warwick Business School, and a project consultant for Pearson Higher Education & Professional, UK.
David’s research interests include: earnings quality and earnings management, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, and fair-value accounting. He is currently researching into the origins of earnings quality, and analysing its present and future, its generic usages and roles, and its consistent conflation with, and deviation from, earnings management. This focuses on the definitions and concepts of earnings quality, and its contemporary drivers.
He teaches on undergraduate and post-graduate modules at QMUL, and is also a personal tutor.
His prior appointments, and visiting academic positions, include: Grade 8 Associate (Senior) Lecturer at Coventry University, Associate Professor at University of Dauphine London, and Associate Academic at Birkbeck College, University of London.
In his spare time, David avidly follows Chelsea FC.
- BUS333 (Business Analysis and Financial Accounting)
- BUSM113 (Corporate Reporting); BUS241 (Corporate Financial Reporting)
- BUS238 (International Financial Accounting)
Manuscripts under review for publication:
- Model Answers & Practice Questions for Accounting Students (Submitted to a publisher in September 2017).
- A critique of an institutional instrumentalist approach to social, ethical and environmental reporting, using Bentham’s perspectives (Submitted, October 2017).
- What has age got to do with the performance of FTSE 100 Companies.
- Clarifying the earnings quality concept – its origins, present and future.