Senior Lecturer in Accounting
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 2952Room Number: Room 3.44f, Francis Bancroft Building, Mile End CampusOffice Hours: Monday 11.00am - 1.00pm
- Senior Lecturer in Accounting
- Member of the Department of Accounting and Financial Management
Chandres is a Senior Lecturer in Accounting. Before joining QMUL, Chandres held the position of Senior Lecturer in Management Accounting and led two courses at London Metropolitan University, over a fourteen-year tenure.
He is also a part-time PhD student, under the supervision of Professor McCartney, Dr Rai and Dr. Girardi. His PhD area centres on Accounting and Ethics. In 2002, he accomplished an MSc Financial Management, Middlesex University. He also holds a PGCE from The Institute of Education, University of London.
His research area is linked to his passion for Accounting and Ethics, more specifically, the role of Ethics in Accounting Education and Training. In 2015, with Dr. Girardi, he published a chapter in ‘Development- Orientated Corporate Social Responsibility: Volume 2’.
Chandres is currently undertaking a PhD with the School of Business and Management. Information can be found here about Chandres's research topics.
- BUS140: Introduction to Management Accounting
- BUS239: Management Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSM067: Advanced Management Accounting
In 2015 Chandres gained recognition as a lecturer by being awarded the Senior Fellowship from the Higher Education Academy.
Chandres is a member of the Academy of Management, British Accounting and Finance Association, Centre for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainable Development, Net Impact, Association of International Accountants, Social Responsibility Review Network, British Accounting Association Academic membership and regular attendee of Management Accounting Research Group and British Academy of Management.
Outside work, he is a keen tennis player and enjoys travelling.
Centre and Group Membership:
- Affiliate Member of the Accounting & Accountability Research Group (AARG)
- Co-wrote CIMA paper 9: Management Accounting for Decision Making, Foulks Lynch Publications- 2002
- Drury, C.: Management and Cost Accounting. Technical reader and evaluator for 4th and 5th edition
- Horngren et al.: Management and Cost Accounting. Technical reader.
- Contributed to three chapters (editing and content analysis) in: ‘E-Business and E-Commerce Management’, Chaffey, D, 2004.
- ‘Divided we stand, United we fall: The inter-relationship between management accounting and marketing.’ American Academy of Accounting and Finance, conference paper, 2005, New Orleans.
- Managing, engaging and networking with students via Facebook.’ Published in Financial Management, CIMA, June, 2009
- Technical reader and editor of five chapters of Managerial Accounting by Balakrishnan, Sivaramakrishnan and Sprinkle, John Wiley, 2010.
- Technical reader and editor five chapters of Management Accounting by J. Burns et al, Jan 2013, McGraw-Hill.
- Contributed to entries in the ‘Dictionary of Corporate Social Responsibility’ S. Idowu, 2014, Springer.
- Chapter titled 'Accounting education and CSR in developing countries – the case of India.' This is a joint chapter written with Dr. Girardi. Book: 'Development-Oriented Corporate Social Responsibility: Locally-led Initiatives in Developing Economies.' Editors: Jamali, Karam and Blowfield. Greenleaf Publishing, 2015