The School of Business and Management, QMUL, invites applications for PhD Studentships, commencing September 2019.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates from the UK, EU and overseas for full-time study in the following subject areas: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Employment Relations, Equality and Diversity, Human Resource Management, Management & Organization Studies, Public Management, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Information Management, Monetary and Macroeconomics, Labour Economics, Public Economics, International Business and Leadership.
The School’s research strategy since its inception has been to sustain and enhance a distinctive research profile and ensure a supportive and intellectually challenging business and management research culture emphasising the interconnected nature of:
1) The economic, societal and historical contexts,
2) Social justice issues in business and management, and
3) Networks and governance in the private, public and third sectors.
For more information on the School’s research see; http://www.busman.qmul.ac.uk/research/index.html
The research proposals submitted by applicants should normally fit at least one of the School’s centres/groups:
- Behavioural Finance Working Group (BFWG)
- Business Ecosystems Research Group (BERG)
- Accounting & Accountability Research Group (AARG)
- Centre for Globalisation Research (CGR)
- Centre for Research in Equality and Diversity (CRED)
- Centre on Labour and Global Production (CLGP)
- Marketing Interactions & Consumer Behaviour Group (MICBG)
- Organisational Processes and Practices Research Group (OPPRG)
- Public Management and Regulation Cluster (PMR)
- Borderlines: Action Research Cluster in Creative and Cultural Economies
- Cluster for African Business, Organisations and Society
Candidates must specify which research group they wish to join and identify potential supervisor(s) on their application form. Candidates are encouraged to discuss their research proposal with a member of academic staff specialising in their research area.
To apply you will normally have a first degree with first class honors (or equivalent) and a Master's degree at distinction level, in business/management or a discipline related to your research topic. Borderline cases will be considered individually. We do not normally accept an MBA. Relevant experience is also taken into account. Applicants are required to have an IELTS overall score of 7, a minimum score of 6.5 in writing at the time of application
Queen Mary University of London is committed to the provision of equality of opportunity for all its students and staff. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race and ethnicity, sex, parental status, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation and gender identity, or age.
Awards are open to Home and Overseas applicants.
The Studentships consist of the full cost of (home or overseas) fees and £16,777 a year for maintenance for 3 years. The School also provides all PhD researchers with a £1,000 research allowance for conference attendance and other research related expenses. Award holders will be expected to be resident in London during the period of the studentship.
The closing date for all applications is 31 January 2019, 17:00 GMT.
For full details on these studentships, please see
For further details about the PhD programme and how to apply please visit: http://www.busman.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/phd-programme
General enquiries should be addressed to the School of Business and Management PhD Administrator, Saima Ahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org).