China Council Scholarships
Since 2007, Queen Mary University of London and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) have been offering joint scholarships to Chinese students from leading universities in the People's Republic of China for doctoral study at Queen Mary.
China Council Scholarships
School of Business and Management, Queen Mary University of London
The School of Business and Management is delighted to be able to offer CSC scholarships for entry in September 2017.
We welcome applications in the following subject areas: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Employment Relations, Equality and Diversity, Human Resource Management, Management & Organization Studies, Public Management, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Monetary and Macroeconomics, Labour Economics, Public Economics, Information Management, International Business and Leadership.
The School’s research strategy since its inception has been to sustain and enhance a distinctive research profile and ensure a supportive and intellectually challenging business and management research culture emphasising the interconnected nature of:
- The economic, societal and historical contexts,
- Social justice issues in business and management, and
- Networks and governance in the private, public and third sectors.
For more information on the School’s research see; http://www.busman.qmul.ac.uk/research/index.html
Candidates must specify which research group they wish to join and identify potential supervisor(s) on their application form. The research proposals submitted by applicants should fit at least one of the above centres/groups.
Queen Mary University of London is committed to the provision of equality of opportunity for all its students and staff. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race and ethnicity, sex, parental status, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation and gender identity, or age.
- Full tuition fee scholarship (in the form of fee waiver) for up to three years;
- Living allowance as prescribed by the Chinese Government for the term of the scholarship;
- One return air fare between China and London by the most economical route.
Please note that the tuition fee scholarship will be provided by Queen Mary while the other listed benefits will be provided by the China Scholarship Council.
The CSC accepts applications from Chinese nationals (PRC only, not Hong Kong or Taiwan) with an offer of a place for a research degree in the UK. Chinese students already in the UK can apply, and as of 2015 continuing students (e.g. those going into the 2nd year of a PhD) are also eligible to apply.
Application for the Queen Mary/China Scholarship Council Joint PhD Scholarship is a two-step process.
Step 1: Apply for Admission to the School of Business and Management at Queen Mary
- Apply to Queen Mary for admission as a postgraduate research student at the School of Business and Management by completing the online application form. For further details and how to apply visit; http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/funding_phd/international-scholarships/china-scholarship-council-co-funded-scholarships/ and refer to the School’s web pages: http://www.busman.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/phdprogramme/index.html.
- To ensure that applicants for the Queen Mary CSC Scholarship are identified and given priority for the processing of their application, all applicants for this scheme must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the student application number and identifying themselves as CSC applicants as soon as they have completed the online application form.
- The application closes on 31st January 2017, 17.00 GMT.
Step 2: Apply for the China Scholarship Council Scholarship
Applicants should refer to the China Scholarship Council website at www.csc.edu.cn for details on how to apply for the CSC scholarship. The CSC accepts applications between 20 March and 5 April 2017.
The School of Business and Management is committed to appointing only the very best candidates to its PhD programme. To apply you should have a good first degree (BA or BSc Honours or equivalent), at upper second class or equivalent with evidence of some 1st class work, and a Masters qualification (at Merit or above with evidence of some Distinction level work) in a cognate discipline related to the studentship. We do not normally accept an MBA. Applicants are required to haven an IELTS overall score of 7 at the time of application.
Our PhD Program is highly competitive and for research studentships all applicants will be judged according to the same criteria, namely: record of academic and/or professional achievement; quality of their research proposal; and compatibility with the theme of the studentship.
Candidates are encouraged to discuss their research proposal with a member of academic staff specialising in their research area. Details of academic staff and their research interests can be found on the School website (http://www.busman.qmul.ac.uk/staff/index.html)
General enquiries should be addressed to the PhD Administrator, Wahida Khanom (email@example.com).
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2017, 17.00 GMT. All short-listed applicants will be interviewed shortly after the closing date (either face-to-face or, in the case of overseas candidates, by Skype or telephone).