11 October 2018
Time: 12:00 - 1:30pm
Dear SBM Accounting Students,
We are excited to announce that Queen Mary University of London has partnered with ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) to become one of the select universities participating in the ACCA Accelerate programme.
The partnership between ACCA and our university will mean that students like yourself will be able to add ‘ACCA Student’ onto your CV to enhance your employability skills; whilst showing your commitment to a future in accounting, finance and business management. Moreover, Queen Mary University of London has arranged complimentary ACCA student membership for all Accounting and Management students.
Join us on campus on 11th October 2018 where ACCA will be delivering a presentation about ACCA Accelerate.
We look forward to meeting you on the day, we’ll be in Room ENG 3.24, Mile End Campus between 12.00PM-13.30PM
What is the ACCA Accelerate programme?
Accelerate is a partnership programme between ACCA and selected universities in the UK. The programme gives students of accredited accounting and finance programmes an early start to a successful career.
What is the purpose?
- Helping students get ready for the world of work, with relevant interview tips, access to the Jobs Board, CV advice and networking help
- Supporting students through their studies with exam tips and technical articles
- Providing exclusive employment opportunities with employers recruiting directly from the Accelerate programme, such as Dyson and SPXFlow
- Providing free access to ACCA Future Talent Academy
Why join a professional body?
- Kudos:being a student member of a professional body not only looks good on your CV, but also shows a level of early commitment to a career area, particularly if you get involved in the association's activities
- Advice:you can find out more about what working in the profession involves and find out more about the process for qualifying
- Information and resources:you will be receiving regular news updates, and many professional institutions disseminate key information and knowledge through publications and journals, online services and events
- Peer and professional networks:you'll have the opportunity to meet and network with like-minded students and experienced professionals through special interest groups, regional branch activities and student-focused services
In a nutshell:
- Start planning now and be aware of the industry changes
- Demonstrate to future employers a proactive approach towards your professional development
- Only you can decide how to accelerate your future career
- Apply now for an internship, placement or graduate role. If you don’t apply, someone else will
With best wishes
Dr Ishani Chandrasekara
Programme Director Accounting and Management
(Professional Lead: ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW)