Departmental research has been extensively presented in world-leading conferences and published in internationally recognised academic journals. Our students have access to excellent facilities that include Bloomberg terminals and the most comprehensive databases.
Departmental staff are members of research centres, groups and clusters.
Academic staff research
We publish in influential journals such as:
- Accounting, Organizations and Society
- Critical Perspectives on Accounting
- Accounting Auditing and Accountability Journal
- Accounting Forum
- European Accounting Review
- British Accounting Review
- Journal of Corporate Finance
- The Journal of Banking and Finance
- European Journal of Financial Management
- Journal of International Financial Markets Institutions and Money
- European Journal of Operational Research
- The Journal of Behavioural Finance
- Review of Behavioural Finance
- Journal of Economics and Business
- Journal of International Business
- Multinational Finance Journal
- Applied Financial Economics
The Department of Accounting and Financial Management is seeking intellectually curious doctoral applicants with a strong academic track record who are interested in undertaking rigorous and innovative research in either Accounting or Finance. We are committed to educating scholars who will carry forward productive and rigorous research and who will lead in their fields of activity.
Prospective Doctoral candidates are encouraged to review the staff web pages to identify suitable potential supervisors within the Department.