This module will analyse aspects of torso trauma and the effect that different mechanisms have on torso injuries.
- Discuss the initial evaluation of the torso injured patients, with specific attention to blunt and penetrating injuries. Treatment options - operative and non-operative
- Critically analyse organ and system specific injuries and their operative and non- operative treatment.
- Learn the tools to recognise different types of injuries and initiate treatment for patients with torso trauma.
- Identify and use correctly the diagnostic tools in the assessment of torso trauma.
Summative assessments occur weekly, and for each module will comprise of:
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ) – Percentage weighting 20%
- Written assignment of 1500 words (+-10%) – Percentage weighting 80% - minimum pass mark of 50%