This elective module will deepen and broaden the knowledge on patients with burns injuries. To develop a more critical and evaluative approach to the care of burns patients, through a complete overview of assessment, stabilization and management in respect to the most recent literature.
- Evaluate the deranged physiology due to severe burns.
- Estimate entity of burn injuries and identify associate injuries.
- Develop knowledge of methods for initial management and fluid resuscitation for patients with burn injuries.
- Improve management skills required in the care of burn patients.
Summative assessments occur weekly, and for each module will comprise of:
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ) – Percentage weighting 20%
- Written assignment of 1500 words (+-10%) – Percentage weighting 80% - minimum pass mark of 50%