Primary Care Facilitator
Email: email@example.comTelephone: 020 7882 2533
I worked for many years for the National Poisons Unit, Guy’s Hospital and then Contateno PLC (formerly Medscreen Ltd) in the drugs of abuse testing field. I was an analyst and screening manager, so that I have experience and a good understanding of the logistics, audit, ISO standard quality control and chain of custody and confidentiality processes that are involved in sensitive sample collection/testing situations. I also worked as Sample Reception Manager for the Biochemistry and Haematology Laboratory at UCLH (now called Autolab). This gave me an appreciation of the sheer numbers of screening tests and test types that are produced within a trust each day. Thus as well as my experience within CEG and GP practices, I have knowledge of a working hospital laboratory and the issues involved across the biological sample testing process. Towards the end of this part of my career I was employed as supply chain logistics manager, with training in the transportation of hazardous goods as well as contract checking.
Altogether, these positions constitute 12 years of management experience underlined/supplemented by an HND in Management studies. I have a BTEC in applied Biology and a Mechanical Engineering Master’s degree (recognised by Unesco) undertaken in Cuba, giving me good technical abilities.
Main activities are:
- Primary care workstreams such as Local Enhanced Services, Directed Enhanced Services and QOF focusing on NHS City and Hackney, one of three localities in East London covered by CEG. This involves facilitating template development, LES and DES delivery, working closely with clinicians, practices and commissioning staff from NHS-ELC, KLEAR and ELIC.
- Supporting practices in technical issues plus advising on improvement to service delivery. This is done through regular workshops and one-to-one training and multidisciplinary training. Enabling identification of gaps in service through tools to check LES activity and publishing quarterly and annual payment reports including quality parameters so that practices can see how they are performing.
- Developing searches to give practices easy to use and readily accessible recall list.
- Working with Public Health to report on activity and deliver on services such as NHS Health checks.
- Facilitating and providing support with queries from general practices relating to the Clinical Effectiveness Group’s health informatics programme.