Advisor Training and Resources
The new Effective Advising course is available by logging into QMplus using your Queen Mary login e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource has been designed to support academic staff in their understanding of the role of Advisor in the Queen Mary context. It explains relevant University policy, guidelines and regulations, as well as documenting best practice protocols to better support students.
The course is structured in three parts with a variety of quiz-based activities to complete at your own pace, and covers:
- Part 1. Contact with your advisees (Your role as an Advisor, How to build relationships)
- Part 2. Support Services and Procedures (The role of supported referrals)
- Part 3. Principles of effective advising (How to advise on academic progress)
The Queen Mary Academy website includes information and signposting to training for new and existing Advisors.
The WISE Welfare Info Search Engine co-created with Jojo Croft, Vice President Welfare QMSU (2022/23) provides contacts, links and information about:
- Money Issues and money management
- Mental health
- Disability and Dyslexia
- Bullying, harassment, hate crime, sexual harassment and assault
- International students, visas and immigration