Applications are now open for the International Exchange Programme. The online application and guidance can be found here.
If you are a student applying for a degree at QMUL and would like to add the ‘with year abroad’ option to your programme, you can submit your application via the UCAS website.
Am I eligible for the International Exchange (IEP) programme?
You can apply to the International Exchange programme if:
- you are a current QMUL student
- your school or department has an exchange agreement with your proposed host university
- you meet your school or department’s IEP criteria.
Can I study abroad, if it's not included in my degree programme?
You may be able to change your degree programme to enable you to study abroad. You should speak to your department and Study Abroad coordinator if you are contemplating this course of action.
What should I do next?
If you want to be considered for the International Exchange programme, you should:
- read these pages thoroughly
- talk to your departmental Study Abroad Coordinator to find out what your study abroad options are
- use the links in the pages of our partner universities to visit their online catalogues to ensure that a suitable programme of study is available to you
- contact the International Exchange Programme Manager, Harry Gibney if you have any questions.
Nov 17 2017 for University of California, The University of Texas at Austin and Waseda University
Jan 12 2018 for all other destinations
What do I need to apply?
Your application should include:
- the application form
- your personal statement
- a supporting academic reference.
Your application will not be considered unless you submit an academic reference from your department or your personal statement together with your application.