In recognition of the important investment overseas undergraduate students are making in their education, Queen Mary is pleased to offer International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards for 2018/19. The awards are designed to reward academic excellence and help attract the brightest and best undergraduate students from across the world.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering are offering an unlimited number of ISEEA scholarships to overseas students at £3,000 for your first year of study. The scholarship will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the university.
These scholarships will be awarded to the highest-achieving applicants who accept Queen Mary as their firm choice and meet the Eligibility Criteria.
The ISEEA scholarships apply to all undergraduate taught courses offered by the following Schools:
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- School of Physics and Astronomy
This scholarship is worth £3,000 for your first year of study only. To be eligible to receive the scholarship students must have achieved grades of AAA at A-Level, 36 IB points with 6, 6, 6 at Higher Level, or overseas equivalent. For overseas equivalents please refer to the spreadsheet below:
If the High School qualification you are taking does not appear here, please contact the International Office on email@example.com and quote your UCAS ID.
As such, the scholarships will only be confirmed with students once we have received their final High School results.
The level of award you have been offered will be communicated to you at the point of confirmation.
How do I apply?
There is no need to complete a separate application form to be considered for an International Science and Engineering Excellence Award. Students will be considered for an award on the basis of the information they provide in their UCAS or online application to Queen Mary. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification from the Science and Engineering Faculty Office. To receive this scholarship, you must confirm Queen Mary as your firm choice.
- You must have achieved grades of
- AAA at A-Level, or
- 36 IB points with 6, 6, 6 at Higher Level, or
- Overseas equivalent.
- You must be eligible to pay overseas tuition fees.
- This scheme is available only to students who apply for and enrol in an eligible course in the Faculty of Science and Engineering in the 2018/19 academic year.
- You must not be in receipt of any other University scholarship or full-fee scholarship from any other source.
- If you are awarded the £3,000 scholarship it will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the University. You must be able to finance the remainder of your tuition fees and living expenses.
- If you are currently following the Queen Mary International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) or the Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (SEFP) and plan to continue your studies in Science and Engineering at Queen Mary you will also be considered for the ISEEA if you achieve over 80% in your foundation programme.
Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School. Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the College's existing extenuating circumstances procedures.
- Information for students who started their degree in 2014/15 [PDF 224KB]
- Information for students who started their degree in 2015/16 [PDF 218KB]
- Information for students looking to start their degree at QMUL in 2016/17 [PDF 474KB]
- ISEEA 2017 - Information for students who started their degree in 2017 [PDF 406KB]
- ISEEA Information for Prospective Students commencing their programme in 2018/19 [PDF 399KB]
Please note School scholarships are subject to university-wide Terms and Conditions as well as any course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outline.