QMUL are offering 3 prestigious scholarships at £5,000 per year for each year of studies as part of our 130 year Anniversary Scholarship (subject to meeting progression standards).
What is the eligibility criteria?
This scholarship is open to:
- Home, EU, and Overseas undergraduate applicants.
- Must be predicted, or have achieved, AAA at A-levels or equivalent.
- Open to all subjects and programmes in HSS and S&E, and SMD with the exception of any quota controlled programme, i.e. BDS, MBBS
- Awarded as a stipend to home and EU students and a fee waiver to overseas fee paying students.
How can I apply?
- Applicants must apply for the degree programme by the UCAS deadline of 15th January 2018.
- Applications for the QMUL Anniversary Scholarship will open in mid-March 2018 and close on 13th May 2018. Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship need to ensure that they have firmly accepted their offer at the point of application.
When will awardees be notified of the scholarship?
- Short listed applicants will be notified by 30th June 2018.
- Successful applicants will be notified on 'A' Level results day (giving candidates 5 days to accept or decline the offer of a scholarship).
- You must have achieved grades of AAA in key A-levels, or equivalent - UG 2018 Overseas Equivalences [XLS 14KB]
- You must be eligible to pay Home/EU/Overseas tuition fees.
- This scheme is available only to students who apply for and enrol to Queen Mary University in the 2018/19 academic year.
- The qualifying grades must be in the subjects expressed in the offer of admission.
- Students must be new entrants into Higher Education, i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree level course.
- Our policy on payment of the Scholarship during years in industry and study abroad is under consideration.
- Please note the award amount will not increase during your studies, but may decrease in proportion with any decreases in regulated fees in future years.
- Payment of the Scholarship for the first year is automatic for all of those with the requisite entry qualifications described above. Payment in subsequent years is contingent on an overall academic achievement mark of above 80% in each year of study at Queen Mary (i.e. you must achieve an overall mark of above 80% in every progression year to maintain the Scholarship).
- This scholarship scheme operates independently of the Queen Mary Bursary Scheme. You could receive more than one award.
Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School. Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the University's existing extenuating circumstances procedures.
Please note School scholarships are subject to university wide Terms and Conditions as well as any course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outline. If you need more information, please email email@example.com