WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA OR TEXAS AT AUSTIN PROGRAMMES. THE DEALINE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR OTHER DESTINATIONS IS 4PM ON FRIDAY 13 JANUARY 2017.
IF YOUR ACADEMIC REFERENCE WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES OFFICE, PLEASE UPLOAD A DOCUMENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION STATING THIS.
Interested applicants should:
- Read these pages thoroughly.
- Talk with the departmental study abroad coordinator to find out what study abroad options are available to you
- Use the links in the pages of our partner universities to visit the online catalogues to ensure that a suitable programme of study is available
- Contact The International Exchanges Officer, Harry Gibney (Study Abroad Office, Room E09, Queens' Building firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions.
Study abroad coordinators
- Biological and Chemical Sciences: Dr Bob Janes (email@example.com)
- Business and Management: Dr Graham Spickett-Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Drama: Dr Penelope Woods (email@example.com)
- Economics and Finance: Dr Luigi Ventimiglia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Electronic Engineering and Computer Science: Dr Paula Fonseca/Dr Pengwei Hao (email@example.com)
- Engineering and Materials Science: Dr Adrian Briggs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- English: Dr James Vigus (email@example.com)
- Geography: Dr Reagan Koch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- History: Dr Eyal Poleg (email@example.com)
- Languages, Linguistics and Film: Dr Katerina Somers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Law: Dr Shalini Perera (email@example.com)
- Mathematical Sciences: Professor Ilya Goldsheid (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Physics and Astronomy: Dr Alston Misquitta (email@example.com)
- Politics and International Relations: Dr Daniel Kato (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The application form can be found by visiting the application form page .
The deadline for applications for the University of California and The University of Texas is 4pm on Friday 18 November 2016. Applications for all other institutions must be submitted by 4pm on Friday 13 January 2017.
A complete application will consist of the application form, a personal statement and a supporting academic reference. Applications will not be considered unless submitted with an academic reference from your department and personal statement. IF YOUR ACADEMIC REFERENCE WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES OFFICE, PLEASE UPLOAD A DOCUMENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION STATING THIS. Students should demonstrate to their department that a suitable programme of study which will allow any required subjects to be taken is available at a preferred destination(s).
If you are applying for more than one destination, please rank your selections in order of preference (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.)
Successful candidates will be made an offer to study at one partner institution only. Please note that all destinations have a limited number of spaces available. If you include a partner institution in your list of preferred destinations, you are acknowledging that you would be happy to receive an offer to study at that institution.
No further documentation is required at this stage, although successful applicants will be required to provide further information such as financial guarantees and evidence of academic achievement at a later stage.
The host institutions are expected to ratify all Queen Mary decisions, but they retain the final right of acceptance in all cases.
In order to ensure that all students representing Queen Mary are of a suitable academic standard, all offers of a place on the programme will be conditional upon achieving specific grades from the end of year assessments.
Study Abroad and International Exchanges Officer
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5074