Summer School menu

Frequently Asked Questions

Your application - answers on the application process, and what to do if you have any problems.

Entry requirements - home and international entry requirement answers

Fees and payments - fee information and deadlines

The Programme - answers about the programme itself

Accommodation - details about available accomodation


Your application

Q: How do I submit my documents to support my application?

Once you have filled in the online application form, please send the supporting documents to, putting your name in the subject line of your email, you will need to send:

  • Your most recent academic transcript;
  • An academic reference;
  • A CV detailing your professional experience and prior education.

Q: My University doesn’t release official transcripts by the application deadline what should I do?

You should ask your academic referee to list your most recent module results in their reference, and send the transcript to as soon as it is available.

Q: My University is a QMUL Partner – do I apply in the same way?

Yes – you’ll need to apply online and send the relevant supporting documents by email.

Q:  My home University isn’t a QMUL Partner – can I apply?

Of course! Please ensure you meet the entry requirements for the programme.

Q:  I am having problems with the online application form – can I email you the information?

If you encounter problems with the form, please email us on

Q:  Is there an application deadline?

We encourage you to apply as early as possible. If you require accommodation, please be sure to tick the relevant box on the application form and apply by 13 April 2017.  If you do not require accommodation you must have made your application by 26 May 2017.


Entry requirements

Q: Do you accept international qualifications?

Yes.  We welcome application from international students and can consider overseas qualifications. Please see our Entry Requirements for further details.

You will need to send your most recent academic transcript to, and you’ll need to have completed or be currently studying the second year of an undergraduate degree.

Q: Which English language qualifications do you accept?

If your first language is not English, you must provide evidence of your English language proficiency. For this course we expect an IELTS score of 7.5 The personal statement that you submit as part of your online application also will be used to assess your language ability, and if you wish you can supply an reference (by email, to from an academic member of staff to confirm your proficiency.

Q: I don’t have an English language qualification yet – can I still apply?

Yes, but remember that all applicants will need to be proficient in written and spoken English. The personal statement that you submit as part of your online application will be used to assess your language ability, and if you wish you can supply a reference (by email, to from an academic member of staff to confirm your proficiency.

Q: Do I need French for the two weeks in Paris?

No, your classes in Paris will be taught in English and your guides and tutors will be English-speaking. For visiting tourist sites and social activity  English is widely spoken.


Fees and payments

Q: How do I pay the fees?

All payments will be made online.

Full details of how to do so will be sent to you via email if you are offered a place on the course.


The Programme

Q: Will there be social activities included in the evening and on weekends?

We will provide a list of activities you can take part in whilst on the summer school – We want you to make the most of your time in London and Paris and to help you to do just that we will have on offer a series of events and activities, for Summer School students.

Q: Where will I be living?

London: You will be living at the Mile End campus of Queen Mary University of London in student accommodation.

Paris: You will be living at special student accommodation booked for you in Central Paris.

Q: Do you offer collection from the airport?

London: No, but we are happy to advise you on how to travel to QMUL from the airport.

Paris: You will arrive in Paris at the ‘Gare du Nord’ and will be given instructions on how to get to your accommodation which you can easily do on the Metro system.

Q: What do I need to bring with me to enrol?

You will need to bring your passport and visa, if necessary.

Q: How much spending money will I need?

It depends on how many activities you want to do outside of the course, and where you want to eat. Take a look at our guide to the cost of living in London, which also gives you a rough idea of the cost of living in Paris, but please also bear in mind that you’ll need to take into consideration any additional travel or other activities you’d like to undertake whilst you’re in London or in Paris.



Q: Do I have to stay in the University Halls of Residence?

You can choose to stay elsewhere if you like, but we can only provide accommodation in University residences.

Q: Can I arrive early or stay longer than the summer school?

If you wish to arrive early or stay longer, please let us know. We may be able to arrange extra accommodation for you.

Q: Do I need to pack bed linen or cooking utensils?

Your accommodation fee includes bed linen and towels, which are fresh on arrival and changed weekly.

Q: Does my fee include a meal plan?

No – you will need to provide your own meals. The kitchens come equipped with a kettle and microwave.

Q: Do the residences have wifi?


My question isn’t answered, who do I contact?

Please email us on:

Return to top