The QMUL Summer School offers you the opportunity to discover what it’s like to study at a top British university, while living in one of the coolest parts of London.
About The QMUL Summer School
The Summer School runs in two sessions:
Session 1: 25 June – 13 July 2018
Session 2: 16 July – 3 August 2018
Each session is three weeks long and you will take one course per session. You can study two sessions if you want (and discounts for this will apply – please see the Fees page of this website for further details.)
Create your own Summer School experience
Our Summer School programme puts you in charge of what you study. We offer you a range of Summer School courses to choose from: there’s no fixed academic path.
We want to give you the broadest possible intellectual experience. You can specialise according to your own interests, knowing that each session will be thought-provoking, challenging and exciting in equal measure. If you’d like to combine an interest in particle physics with your love of horror films, you can! See What can I study? for more details.
You’ll be taught by experts
As a QMUL Summer School student, you’ll be taught by internationally respected academics who are experts in their subjects. Your study period with us can also count towards your home degree.
Discover a hidden London
Some of our Summer School modules include a field trip. Not only will you get to see London, as a QMUL student you’ll be welcomed into places and speak to experts that even most Londoners don’t normally have access to.
A campus you can call home
As a Summer School student, you will live and study on our Mile End campus, the largest self-contained residential campus in London. You’ll have on-site access to our world-class academic and support facilities and a dedicated team to help you make the most of your stay with us.
What will I get from QMUL’s Summer School?
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience, studying in one of the world’s most exciting cities, while living in the comfort and convenience of our self-contained campus
- An academic adventure like no other: you will meet and discuss your subject with some of the world’s leading experts
- Credits achieved on courses could count towards your home degree, making your Summer School study sessions with us really count - contact us to find out more
- International experience and memories that will stay with you for life
- Employability – According to Universities UK, a study period abroad 'enhances future employability and academic success. We know this from numerous student testimonials and from our research comparing graduate outcomes of mobile and non-mobile students' (2017)
- Flexibility, resilience, cross-cultural communications skills, the ability to adapt to new circumstances and deal constructively with differences, all skills highly valued by employers
- New perspectives on your academic subjects that you’ll take back to your home university
- Confidence that you can live and study abroad for an extended period of time
- Widened academic horizons: our Global Opportunities Office provides help to our Summer School students who want to come to us for further study.
Study with us and be recognised around the world
QMUL is an internationally recognised and respected institution – we have over 100 exchange agreements and other international partnerships with distinguished academic institutions across the globe. To find our more, please visit our Erasmus+ and International Exchange pages.
You can study with us, confident that your Summer School study experience will be internationally recognised.
44% of our students come from overseas, so you’ll feel very much at home (December 2016).
“Living on campus is a unique luxury for a London university”
Adam Bell, University of Melbourne, autumn 2015