Over the period covered by this Strategy, QMUL will build on its core values and substantial recent achievements.
- Characterised and recognised as a highly collegial and values-driven institution.
- Intent on the achievement of an international stature in knowledge creation and knowledge dissemination.
- Deeply committed to the service of our communities, an annual review. recognising that our pursuit of international excellence is a key element of our local contribution.
- Noted for the breadth of our academic endeavour, maintaining the current range while recognising that the balance of activity may alter over time.
- Use our intellectual breadth to develop significant new initiatives, including cross-disciplinary projects.
- Enhance our position as central London’s only campus- based university by investing in new academic facilities and increasing our provision of adjacent and affordable student residences.
- Increase the scale of our operations sufficient to permit the provision of a research infrastructure commensurate with our status.
- Increase our exposure to international comparators by furthering major collaborative research with overseas institutions and substantially increasing our provision of education to overseas students.
- Grow our virtual presence to allow new modes of teaching and learning, notably by exploiting the potential of e-learning, while retaining the benefits of personal interactions between academic and student.
- Enhance our interactions with business, the local community and the cultural and charity sectors - in part by exploiting the talents and enthusiasm of our alumni - to deliver benefits in research, teaching, public engagement and student employability.
All our activities – and correspondingly our aims and objectives - are embedded within a continuum from knowledge creation to knowledge dissemination. Creativity and innovation are critical across that continuum. The remainder of this document details the specific high- level aims and objectives we have set under this strategy, and indicates how we will measure our progress towards their realisation. A summarised assessment of progress towards both the high-level objectives indicated here, and those detailed in subsidiary strategies, will be made during an annual review.