SETLA Strategy 2014
This new Student Experience, Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy (SETLA) has been developed following widespread discussion within the Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) community. It significantly expands the scope of the previous strategy by both including and giving high priority to the student experience. This reflects changes in the environment in which we operate and the expectations of our students.
This strategy has informed the QMUL College strategy but includes more specific and detailed objectives and indicators of progress (IOP) so as to assist the implementation of that strategy.
In particular we will:
- Provide a personalised, research-informed education for our students, designed both to promote their personal development and to allow development of the skills needed for a rewarding career.
- Use our intellectual breadth to develop significant new initiatives, including cross-disciplinary projects.
- Enhance our position as central London’s only campus-based university by investing in new academic facilities and increasing our provision of adjacent and affordable student residences.
- Increase our provision of education to overseas students.
- Grow our virtual presence to allow new modes of teaching and learning, notably by exploiting the potential of e-learning, while retaining the benefits of personal interactions between academic and student.
Vice Principal for Teaching and Learning