The Centre for Public Engagement runs regular fortnightly public engagement surgeries where you can pick the team's brains about projects, funding, logistics and more. The CPE team are aware of many of the different programmes and resources, so these offer an opportunity to find out about other similar activity across QMUL.
The dates and locations for the next few surgeries are below. Email us to book a slot, or just come along. We'll be rotating around the different campuses and buildings, so if you'd like to host us, please let us know.
- Wednesday 21st February, 2-4pm, Nucelus Cafe, Whitechapel Book now
- Tuesday 6 March, 10-12noon, Senior Common Room, Queens' Building, Mile End Book now
- Friday 23 March, 10-12noon, Shield Cafe, Charterhouse Square Book now
- Thursday 5 April, 10-12noon, Senior Common Room, Queens' Building, Mile End Book now
- Tuesday 17 April, 10-12noon, Nucelus Cafe, Whitechapel Book now
Festival of Communities Drop-in
If you are thinking about applying for our Festival of Communities funding, we are running special advice surgeries to discuss your application and activities. Book online or drop-in!
- Wednesday 14th February - 2-4pm, Senior Common Room, Queens' Building, Mile End
- Thursday 1st March, 10-11.30am - Nucleus Café, Whitechapel
- Tuesday 13th March - 11-1pm, Senior Common Room, Queens' Building, Mile End
Surgeries are usually staffed by one or two members of the Centre for Public Engagement, who will be sat at a table and keeping an eye out for anyone who might be looking for us. To know who to look for you can view our 'about us' staff page.
For directions to our surgeries you can view the university 'How to find us' webpages. We've also included more detailed instructions to our usual locations below:
Senior Common Room, Queens' Building, Mile End
The Queens' Building (number 19 on our Mile End campus map [PDF 912KB]) is a large white building with a clock tower in front of it by Mile End Road. To get to the Senior Common Room you will need to enter through the front doors and go up the staircase directly to the left of the building entrance. The SCR is behind the frosted glass door you come to on the first floor.
If you need direction on the day you can ask reception in the Queen's Building Foyer.
The Nucleus Cafe is located in the Blizard Building by Walden Street (represented by the Nucleus eatery icon in building 6:
Charterhouse Square is based by Barbican Station, The Shield is located within building 4 on this map: