The Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Grants scheme welcomes proposals from colleagues across QMUL to develop new and innovative opportunities to involve patients and the public with health-related research.
The PPI Grants scheme is being piloted in 2017-18 based on feedback from many colleagues, particularly in the School of Medicine and Dentistry, who have identified a gap in accessing funds to design and pilot PPI activities to establish what works for the research area and people involved, and to demonstrate PPI experience and learning for larger research grant applications.
The PPI Grants scheme aims to fund:
- Activity which involves patients with research
- Activity which is an example of two-way dialogue or patient-led research
- Activity which is either new for you and your research or new for your research centre
As well as demonstrating the above, applications will also be assessed on:
- Appropriate costings (NIHR INVOLVE guidelines should be used)
- Opportunities identified for the activity and the relationships to be sustained post-funding
- Demonstration of communication plans to reach the audiences you wish to involve
Applicants can apply for up to £500 which can include:
- Patient travel expenses and remuneration
- Venue hire
The grant is unable to fund activities which are continuations of existing PPI activities, clinical trial recruiment or the dissemination of research results.
All projects and spend must be complete by the 31st July 2018. Applications for activities that go beyond the 31st July 2018 will not be accepted.
The scheme is open to all QMUL staff and students. QMUL staff who have joint contracts with Barts Health Trust are eligible to apply, but the grant will need to be transferred to a QMUL revenue budget code.
The Centre for Public Engagement is managing this funding opportunity and will provide support in the development of proposals. Please email email@example.com with your queries.
Please apply using the google form below. The deadline for applications is Monday 26th February at 12noon.
Applicants can expect to hear if they have been successful during the week commencing 12th March.