These DTCs, CDTs, and DTPs often involve collaboration with other universities and research institutes and typically offer their students a wide range of research and transferable skills training.
QMUL is a partner, for example, in the Natural Environment Research Council's London Doctoral Training Centre, working alongside diverse partners such as the Institute of Zoology, the Royal Botanic Gardens, Natural History Museum, and the Forestry Commission, as well as UCL, KCL, and Birkbeck universities.
Research Council funded studentships at QMUL are currently available through the following DTCs, CDTs and DTPs:
- ESRC London Interdisciplinary Social Science
- EPSRC Media Arts Technology Doctoral Training Centre
- London NERC Doctoral Training Partnership
- EPSRC Plastic Electronics (based at Imperial College London)
- BBSRC London Interdisciplinary Doctoral Partnership
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Graphene Technology (based at University of Cambridge)
Each centre or partnership will have its own application process and its own deadlines (typically between November – February, before studies commencing in September). Please use the links above for more information.
Your potential supervisor or school/institute administrator will be able to advise you on how to apply for a studentship held at one of the above DTCs, CDTs or DTPs.