Brexit: QMUL 'morning after' briefing
The United Kingdom has voted to leave the European Union. In the video below, experts from Queen Mary University of London consider the political, legal, and economic implications of this historic result.
24 June 2016
The event was organised by QMUL's Mile End Institute, with support from the Resolution Foundation. The panel was chaired by Matthew d'Ancona. The video begins at 02.00.
- Professor Tim Bale, on the impact on the political parties
- Professor Philip Cowley, on the impact on the UK's parliament
- Dr Paul Copeland, on the impact on the UK's relationship with Europe
- Professor Sionaidh Douglas-Scott, on the legal implications
- Professor Brigitte Granville, on the economic implications
- Professor Michael Kenny, on the impact on the devolved regions
- Dr Robert Saunders, on the lessons from the 1975 referendum
For media information, contact:Mark Byrne
Public Relations Manager
Queen Mary University of London