- Date originally founded - 1887
- Date of University Charter - 12 December 1934
- Number of academic departments - 21
- Number of students (Session 2008-09) - 15,000
- Number of staff (September 2009) - 3,000
- Number of academic staff (September 2009) - 1,600
- Staff/Student ratio - 1:13
- University income for financial year 2008-09 - £61m
You can find more information about Queen Mary's governance, and strategic goals and mission in the About Us section.
Queen Mary is based across four campuses spread around central and east London; at Mile End, Whitechapel, Charterhouse Square and Lincoln’s Inn Fields. For maps, travel information and details about how to get here, please visit the How to find us pages.
If you are a journalist and/or film crew and are planning to visit campus, please contact Patrick Carpenter on +44 (0) 20 7882 3004 or email@example.com to arrange parking permits.
How to credit Queen Mary, University of London
Although Queen Mary is an academic institution in its own right, it is also a member college of the University of London, and should therefore be referred to in all materials (print, broadcast and online), as ‘Queen Mary, University of London’.
The medical school should be referred to as ‘Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry’.
Further information on the College’s brand, including how to use the Queen Mary logo, are available on the Corporate Affairs website.