Get involved and get creative: enter the 2017 Life Science Image Awards
We're seeking outstanding and engaging images produced by QMUL staff, students and residents of Tower Hamlets around the themes of:
- Health & Wellbeing
How do you keep healthy and avoid getting sick? What does ‘well-being’ mean to you?
- Health & technology
How do you see the future of health and technology? How can technology help to improve our health?
- Beauty in Medicine
What's interesting in medicine research? Can medical research be beautiful as well as important?
Shortlisted images will be displayed to the local community in Whitechapel and the competition winners will be announced at a public exhibition on 31st May 2017. Entrants will be judged in two groups: QMUL staff/students and local residents. A judging panel will select 2 favourites per theme (one from each group) who'll each receive a £50 amazon voucher.
The overall prize-winner will receive an Apple iPad Pro with Apple pencil. The best entry from a secondary school student will receive an Apple iPad Mini 4.
Images can be digital or hard copy and can be created using any media, including photography, illustrations (hand-drawn or digital), paintings, cartoons, medical imagery such as MRI scans, microscopy, or any other artistic or scientific technique.
To enter submit your entry by 5pm, Tuesday 2nd May 2017.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
- You must have created the image yourself to enter the competition
- Entrants must either be employed by QMUL, enrolled as an undergraduate student or postgraduate research student OR be a resident of the borough of Tower Hamlets. Submissions are also welcome from secondary school pupils in the borough from Year 7 up to Year 13
- Entrants can submit a maximum of 1 image to each theme.
- Images can be digital or hard copy and can be created using any media, including photography, microscopy of any type, medical imagery such as MRI scans, illustrations (hand-drawn or digital) or other artistic techniques
- Images should be submitted as a jpeg, be at least 300dpi (at A4 equivalent size) and up to 30 MB
- Hard copy images should be a maximum size of 594 x 841mm (A1)
- Images should be submitted with a title and a short description (max 250 words) using accessible language
To enter please submit your image via the online entry form (digital images can be uploaded in the form)
Hard copy entries should be submitted by post using the details below. Please also ensure you complete an online entry form.
Life Sciences Image Awards
64 Turner Street
London, E1 2AB