In recognition of the important investment that overseas students are making in their education, Queen Mary is pleased to offer International Mathematical Sciences Excellence Awards for 2017/18. The awards are designed to reward academic excellence and help attract the brightest and best students from across the world.
The International Mathematical Sciences Excellence Awards have a value of £2,250 for year of study, is renewable if the academic criteria is met, and is provided as a fee waiver which will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the College. They apply to all taught courses offered by the School of Mathematical Science as well as joint degree programmes.
This scholarship is worth £2,250 per year and is renewable if criteria is met. To be eligible to receive the scholarship students must have achieved grades of AAA at A-Level or overseas equivalent. For overseas equivalents please refer to the spreadsheet below:
If the High School qualification you are taking does not appear in the spreadsheet, please contact the International Office on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your UCAS ID
How do I apply?
There is no need to complete a separate application form to be considered for an International Science and Engineering Excellence Award. Students will be considered for an award on the basis of the information they provide in their UCAS or online application to Queen Mary. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification from the Science and Engineering Faculty Office. To receive this scholarship, you must confirm Queen Mary as your firm choice.
- You must have achieved grades of AAA at A-levels or overseas equivalent.
- You must be eligible to pay overseas tuition fees.
- This scheme is available only to students who apply for and enrol in an eligible course in the Faculty of Science and Engineering in the 2017/18 academic year.
- You must not be in receipt of any other College scholarship or full-fee scholarship from any other source.
- If you are currently following the Queen Mary International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) and plan to continue your studies in Mathematical Sciences at Queen Mary you will also be considered for the ISEEA if you achieve a Distinction in your foundation programme.
- Receipt of award for the first year is automatic for all those with the requisite entry qualifications described above.
- For continuing students who received a scholarship in their first year payment in subsequent years is contingent on overall academic achievement of 80% at the end of each academic year.
- Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School.
- Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the College's existing extenuating circumstances procedures.
Terms and Conditions
Queen Mary University of London Scholarships Terms and Conditions
Queen Mary University of London is pleased to offer a generous number of scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate taught students. In accepting a School specific scholarship, students are agreeing to Queen Mary University of London’s Scholarships Terms and Conditions and to taking part in a range of promotional activities. Terms and Conditions are to work alongside any and all course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outlined in a scholarship description.
As a scholar you will be expected to:
- Provide a profile of yourself which will be published on the university website;
- Attend a scholars reception;
- Assist at a maximum of three events organised by your School or the Directorate of Marketing and Communications. Events may include but are not limited to promotional photoshoots or filming, meeting visitors from schools, universities or overseas embassies, assisting at Open Days or other recruitment events;
- This list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change.
It is understood that as student at university, your studies must be your highest priority. As such, where possible, events will be arranged as to not interfere with lectures. Events will not be arranged during examinations.
If you have any questions, please contact the Scholarships Project Officer, Véronique Rendell-Fournier at email@example.com and quote your QMUL application ID.