In recognition of the important investment that overseas students are making in their education, Queen Mary is pleased to offer International Mathematical Sciences Excellence Awards. These awards are for the value of £2,250 and are designed to reward academic achievement.
International Mathematical Sciences Excellence Awards will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the College. They apply to all taught courses offered by the School of Mathematical Science as well as joint degree programmes as follows:
- MSci (Hons) Financial Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Statistics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Finance and Accounting
- MSci (Hons)Mathematics with Statistics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics, Business Management and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics, Statistics and Financial Economics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- MSci (Hons) Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Pure Mathematics
- BSc Mathematics with Actuarial Sciences
To be eligible to receive an award of £2,250 you must have achieved grades AAA at A-Level or overseas equivalent. For overseas equivalents please refer to the spreadsheet below:
If the High School qualification you are taking does not appear in the spreadsheet, please contact the International Office on email@example.com and quote your UCAS ID.
How do I apply?
There is no need to complete a separate application form to be considered for an International Mathematical Sciences Excellence Award. You will be considered for an award on the basis of the information you provide in your UCAS or online application to Queen Mary. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification directing them to the MySiS applicant portal by the Admissions Office.
- You must be eligible to pay International Student tuition fees
- You must not be in receipt of any other College scholarship or full-fee scholarship from any other source.
- If you are currently following the Queen Mary International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) and plan to continue your studies in Mathematical Sciences at Queen Mary you will also be considered for the ISEEA if you achieve a Distinction in your foundation programme.
- Receipt of award for the first year is automatic for all those with the requisite entry qualifications described above.
- For continuing students who received a scholarship in their first year payment in subsequent years is contingent on overall academic achievement of 80% at the end of each academic year.
- Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School.
- Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the College's existing extenuating circumstances procedures.