As a parent or guardian, you’ll want to ensure that your child feels confident and well-prepared for their study abroad experience.
We hope that this page addresses any questions you may have about our international study abroad programmes and the support QMUL provides.
We have over 30 years’ experience of welcoming students from across the globe to study with us on short term programmes and our students and staff represent 162 nationalities worldwide, so you can be confident that your child will thrive under our care and have an outstanding study abroad experience at QMUL.
A dedicated support team
At QMUL we take pride in providing a friendly, welcoming and secure campus environment in which our students can thrive both academically and socially. Most students have a trouble-free time at university, but it is reassuring to know that we offer a comprehensive support network that could be a real help to your son or daughter. No matter what the problem, there is always someone they can turn to for help and advice:
- Our Global Opportunities Team is here to help with any queries your child might have before they travel to join us and while they study with us.
- Each academic department has dedicated Study Abroad and Erasmus+ Co-ordinators. Whatever subject your child chooses, they will have someone to advise them on module choices and academic requirements before they arrive – and provide any support they need during their studies.
- Erasmus students also benefit from the international Erasmus Student Network (ESN): org/students
- Our Study Abroad students can join our Buddy Scheme, run by QMUL’s Students’ Union: org/buddy
- All of our students can also join our Peer Assisted Study Support (PASS) scheme, run by students for students
- Our Advice and Counselling Service provides guidance on a huge range of issues from money worries (including budgeting) to disability benefits and academic problems such as transferring degrees. Their experienced, trained counsellors can give confidential support to students with emotional and psychological concerns.
You can be assured that your child will receive the same pastoral support and care from us as a full-degree QMUL student.