We are delighted that you are considering coming to study at QMUL as part of the Study Abroad programme.
Please view the information below for details of how to submit an application to study with us at QMUL. If you have any questions please contact us on email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply to our Study Abroad programme in the following ways. You can apply:
- submit a direct application via our online application form. Please read our How to apply guidance notes [PDF 297KB] for how to submit your application in this way.
- submit a direct application via our online application form
- through your home university. You should consult the Study Abroad Adviser at your home institution to see whether you have an existing partner agreement with QMUL and to check whether there are any special application arrangements.
- through one of the following Study Abroad partner programmes:
- Arcadia University, The College of Global Studies
- IES Abroad (Institute for the International Education of Students)
- Anglo Educational Services
- Across the Pond
- IFSA-Butler (Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University)
- IEC Abroad
- IES Abroad
- ISA (International Studies Abroad)
- SAF (Study Abroad Foundation)
- SUNY Abroad
Please check these organisations’ application procedures, which can be found in their publications. We consider applications from these four routes equally and on their individual merits.
If you want to apply to study with us on the Study Abroad programme, you first need to check your eligibility. You need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have already completed a minimum of one year of university-level study
- You must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent. If you are graded on a different grading scheme, you are still welcome to apply – we welcome a range of international qualifications. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details can be found here: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/international/studyabroad/apply
English language requirements
- If your first language is not English or you have not studied in an English-speaking education system, we will need you to prove your English language proficiency by taking internationally validated tests, such as IELTS.
- You must meet the minimum requirements of the University in order to be eligible for the programme. Please refer to the English Language Requirements Page, which outlines the requirements for each QMUL department. If you are planning to take modules from across different departments the highest score will be required; for example, if you take one Arts module and three Social Sciences modules you will need IELTS 7.0 or equivalent.
- If you do not meet our minimum English Language requirements, you may be considered for the Study Abroad with English Language Programme. For more information, please visit: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/international/international-students/studyabroadenglish
For further details on English Language requirements please view our English Language webpages here.
Deadline for spring semester 2018 - Friday 27th October 2017
Deadline for autumn semester 2018 - Friday 6th July 2018 (Please note the deadline to apply for accomodation is May 31st 2018)
Deadline for spring semester 2019 - Friday 26th October 2018
Applications may be considered after these dates if places are still available but it is in your interest to apply as early as possible, as applications are considered on a rolling basis. Late applicants may not be able to have accomodation on campus or register for certain modules. Please contact us if you wish to submit a late application.
QMUL welcomes students from all over the world. Our charter states that our work shall be carried out in a spirit of tolerance, freedom of opinion, mutual concern and community service, and undertakes to avoid discrimination against any person on the grounds of religion, race, sex or politics. The university has a policy statement on Equal Opportunities in Employment, which we are actively implementing. Anti-harassment procedures have been agreed, aimed at eliminating incidents of racial or sexual harassment.
We have a wide range of services and facilities for any students who have disabilities or have special requirements during their stay at QMUL. You will have the option to note any requirements when submitting your online application, or you can contact us to inform us of this. Please ensure you have made us aware of any requirements prior to arrival at QMUL.
Please view our Disability and Dyslexia pages for full details.