The long-established and distinctive tradition of wearing a gown to a graduation ceremony highlights the unique importance of the occasion, and the QMUL-specific design adds to the students’ sense of pride in their institution and their achievements. Gowns are internationally recognised as a part of higher education ceremonies and QMUL aims to uphold this heritage.
Academic dress is compulsory for this event. You must wear the correct academic dress in order to graduate at a ceremony.
The Official Gown Hire supplier to Queen Mary is Marston Robing who also provides our online guest ticket booking system. We recommend your order your gown at the same time as booking your tickets at www.yourgraduation.co.uk/QMUL .
You will need the following information to complete your booking on-line:
- Details of which ceremony you have been invited to (date and time)
- Your student ID number
- Level of Award (e.g. LLM, MSc, MA, PhD, etc)
- Your height (either in cm or feet/inches) from head to toe
- Chest measurement (either in cm or inches)
- Approximate hat size (e.g. Small, Medium or Large - you will have a choice of hat sizes on the day to ensure a good fit)
- Whether you are graduating as a QMUL student or as a University of London student (please see below if you need to find out which you are graduating with.)
You will receive a confirmation email from the booking system once you have completed your order. If you pay by card, you will also receive a confirmation of your card payment directly from the card processor. You will collect your gown on the day of your ceremony at the Mile End campus from the Graduate Centre.
For any enquiries you can use the Live Chat facility on the ‘Your Graduation’ website or email at email@example.com. You can also telephone Marston Robing on 01264 339706 during working hours.
We strongly recommend you make your gown hire booking using the ‘Your Graduation’ website when ordering your tickets.
How to find out if you are graduating as a QMUL student or as a University of London student?
If you are not sure of your awarding body please log into your MySIS Account and click on the Research Student Details link (postgraduate research) or View My Details - non research (all other students) under the My Details menu. Your awarding body will be displayed on this page.